Who is collecting and responsible for my data?
Breathe is an bi-national European project co-funded by the Rights, Equality & Citizenship Programme of the EU, and made up of a partnership of the National Anti-Bullying Research and Resource Centre at Dublin City University, NASC the Migrant and Refugee Rights Centre, Musicantia Roma socio-cultural and advocacy project, all based in Ireland, and KISA, Migrant and Refugee Centre in Cyprus. For the purposes of GDPR and Data Management the Data Controller for the Breathe Project in Ireland is Dublin City University. The Project is led by Dr. Mairéad Foody. The project is a public good activity mandated under the research objectives of the Dublin City University Act (1989).
Why are you collecting and storing my data?
The objectives of the research are:
- To investigate the type and extent of bullying that Roma children experience in schools in
Ireland and Cyprus
- To determine if there are differences in countries across Europe and why these differences
might exist (e.g., better legislation or policy that could be harnessed elsewhere)
- To investigate gender issues and discrimination among girls in particular
- To determine the useful methods of intervention for bullying or Roma children so that
recommendations can be made to the respective legislators and Education Departments in
order to reduce bullying
To this end there are three types of information collected for this project:
- Examining the experiences of Roma students and other students in schools in Ireland and
Cyprus in regards to bullying and inclusion, and what could be done to improve the
- Teacher’s experiences of bullying inclusion and opinions on school climate and what might
- Adults in the Roma Community experiences and opinions of school environment and their
Participants are not asked to provide any identifiable personal data and as such GDPR does not
Is my data shared with anyone else?
No. This is stored on an external server and only authorised members of the research teams at DCU
have access to this data.
Data from the project evaluations does not contain any personalised information and is stored on
external servers. Members of the research team have access to this for the purposes of analysis.
We do not share your data with any third parties.
Who should I contact if I have a question about my data?
More information is available from Dr. Seffetulla Kuldas at email@example.com